Thursday, 1 January 2015

New Year, Clear Skin

Happy New Year! Welcome 2015.

I've been on my gluten-free, sugar-free, coffee-free diet for three months now and I'm happy to report that I had a clear Christmas! Except for a few minor pimples/whiteheads, I've been very happy with how clear and smooth my skin has been feeling.

After a few rough acne weeks in November after eating some sweets and processed foods, my skin settled down and I followed the gluten-free and sugar-free (except fruit) diet very strictly throughout late November and all of December. I only had a couple breakouts - one I'd attribute to eating a Sunripe fruit/veggie bar - basically a block of sugar.

I've been taking 500 mg of Berberine daily and I think that is helping. Berberine is an anti-microbial, alkaloid herb that helps your liver metabolize glucose and stabilize blood sugar. I'm working on a post all about Berberine, because I think this is a fantastic supplement that shows promise for fighting acne and it hasn't been talked about enough in holistic acne-cure circles.

I have eased off my strict diet the last few days and have been eating things with gluten in them, like perogies, a bun, and wheat crackers. So far, no breakouts and my skin has stayed great. I did eat a bit of chocolate last night on New Year's Eve and again today. I'll see how the next few days go. I'm hopeful that the month long Berberine supplementation will counteract the reintroduction to sugar. My skin continues to feel great and not like a pimple is lurking under the surface. 

I wish you a happy, healthy and clear 2015! If you're just starting on your own holistic clear skin journey, I hope the year ahead brings you beautiful, glowing skin and freedom from acne. It definitely is possible.


1 comment:

  1. Nice post. You really had a long journey with acne. Good result. I also found some tips here. This is written how to get rid of acne and reviews. Really helpful.
    You'll reading my uncensored review, where I will inform you what I think about this acne treatment system. : link Acne Treatment Reviews

    ReplyDelete